House Underpinning Melbourne
The process of underpinning is to stabilize and strengthen the foundation of a home. Most common practices is to make the current foundation strong which involves extending the foundation so that it rest on a more supportive soil and distributes its load across a greater area. We dig under the existing foundation and support with new concrete foundation. Underpinning can also be done to garages and wall foundations. If you see cracks appearing in the walls of your home it is always best to check it out. Any problem can be amended without a great deal of work, but if left the worse it will be. Underpinning means the earth is removed around key points of a building’s foundation and replaced with concrete. Underpinning may be necessary for a variety of reasons.
Things to check
The causes of foundation failure :
1. The original foundation is not strong or stable
2. The use of the building has changed.
3. The properties within the soil supporting the foundation have changed.
Other causes can be :
1. Evaporation- Hot dry wind and intense heat will often cause the soil to move beneath a home causing the soil to shrink and the home to settle.
2. Transpiration- The roots may desiccate the soil beneath a home causing the soil to shrink and the home to settle.
3. Plumbing leaks- Water from plumbing leaks is often a cause of foundation problems.
4. Drainage- Improper drainage is one of the leading causes of foundation failure. Excess moisture will erode or consolidate soils and cause settlement.
5. Inferior ground preparation – Soft, low density soils and/or improperly compacted soil beneath a home is the leading cause of foundation failure. Cut and fill situations should be properly prepared before the soil is ready to support a structure.
6. Poor soil conditions – Poor soil and its expansion and/ or contraction contribute to foundation failure.
Why Choose Underpinning?
With years of experience and with a specialized team of skille workers Titan Reblocking specialises in traditional underpinning with complete proven record of customer satisfaction. We provide you with Council and Engineers permits, and we are HIA members and Registered with the Building Practitioner Board. We are able to offer competitive rates and we carry the mandatory insurance cover. Titan Undepinning can help with putting the grounds surface in order to prevent further damage and subsidence to your property. All our quotes and site visits are completely FREE OF CHARGE. For a Free site inspection please contact us.
Things to check
Warning Signs :
1. Crackes in your Brick
2. Sloping Floors
3. Water Instrusion
4. Chimney Pulling Away
Before Underpinning is commenced we will come out to determine whether an underpinning procedure will achieve the object intended e.g.- to transfer the load carried foundation from its existing bearing level at a suitable depth.
After the site inspection our engineer will come out and will advise on an appropriate repair assessing the factors causing the problem e.g.-sub soil condition, location of trees, failure of drainage etc and also to advise how many pins will be required to support the existing foundation.
Advantages of Traditional Underpinning
- Suitable for heavy loads and massive structures.
- Occupants can remain in the property as work can be undertaken from outside.
- Low cost solution at shallow depths
- Minimal disruption and noise generated.
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!